We are a substantial Importer, Exporter, and Supplier of Bitumen Impregnated Softboard. Jolly Bitulex Softboard is processed by our vendors from cane fibre, the raw material tested and proven to provide the best resilience. Impregnated with Bitumen in various percentages, which is a perfect base material for expansion joint fillers.
The board's compression and recovery characteristics confirm to the U.K., U.S.A. and Indian Standards much above the required averages.
- Jolly Board Expansion Joint Filler : Jolly Board Expansion Joint Filler is manufactured from water resistant, bitumen impregnated, cane fibre. It is available in a wide range of sizes, both as boards & strips in thicknesses of 10 MM, 12 MM, 18 MM, 19 MM, 25 MM. Jolly Expansion Joint Filler displays excellent resistance to compression, with outstanding recovery characteristics. The fillers are environment friendly as opposed to the environment destroying thermocole/plastic expansion joint filler.
- External wall cladding: Filling structural expansion & structural separation joints in block & insitu concrete construction.
- Traffic surfaces: Filling expansion joints in motorways,roads,runways,pedestrian areas, bridges, curbs etc.
- Internal surfaces: Filling expansion joints across concrete floors, including screed floors with underfloor heating.
- Roofs & floor finishes : Ideal for filling expansion joints in concrete floors.
- Building superstructures: Filling expansion joints in basements, retaining walls, site slabs, subways & other water excluding structures.
- Reinforced concrete structures:Expansion joint fillers in piers and lateral supports like abutments.
- Expansion strips: Against existing or between adjacent constructions and insets in concrete paving like drains, manholes, etc.
- Industrial Flooring
- Internal finishes: Various other flat works and concrete floors according to the state of the art and local regulations.
- Jolly Bitulex Expansion Joint Fillers conform to the following required standards.
- ASTM -D. 1751-83/D.545 - 84 Testing concrete paving and structural construction'
- pre-formed expansion Joint Fillers for concrete'
- Department of Transport - London 1986: `specification to highway works, part 3, clause 1015'
- B.S. 1142 for Standard Specifications for Expansion Joint Fillers.
- IS 1838(Part-I) 1983 Standard Test of Expansion Joint Fillers.
Strong points and performance characteristics:
- Compression to 50% thickness in the initial state : Recovery is 80/84%
- Weathering and compression to 50% thickness : Recovery is 70/76%. Jolly Bitulex returns to more than 70% of its original thickness after three applications of pressure sufficient to reduce its thickness by 50%
- Extrusion : No effect (0.75 mm)
- Unaffected by temperature changes
- Low moisture absorption due to bitumen impregnation. Standard Bitumen content 10-20-35%. Other possibilities upon request.